Friday, June 7, 2013

Driving and Douche Bags


Another interesting nugget from the kidlets when driving them to daycare this morning.

Nash - Daddy is going to teach me how to drive a car!
Me - Oh yea?
Isla - Yea me too!
Nash - But I’ll go first because I’m bigger, you’re still little Isla.
Me - Yea, 4 is way closer to driving than 3.
Nash - Exactly.  First I will turn the car on using the key.  Then I will drive it.  Then I will put it in the garage when I am done.  You hate the car in the garage but I will do it anyway because Daddy does it anyway.
Me - Touché Nash.
Isla - And Daddy will show us how to use the circle and to turn!
Me - So, he’s going to show you how to steer?
Nash - Yes, yes steer.  Except me and not Isla, because she’s little.
Me - Yes, I think we covered that.
Isla folds arms over chest and pouts
Nash - And I will tell people what to do when I drive.
Me - Who do you need to tell what to do when you’re driving?
Nash - Oh, all the other cars.  You have to yell “DOUCHE BAG!” to get them to get out of the way so you can go fast.

This is my life on so many levels.

No comments:

Post a Comment