Thursday, October 24, 2013

Girls vs. Boys - A War of Words


I often get good nuggets of insight into children (and humans in general) during the morning drive to school with my kids.  This morning’s lesson is on the differences between boys and girls. 

This easily translates to adults, as my husband can attest.

Me – What do you want to do this weekend?

Nash – Watch movies and go to the park!

Isla – Well, I want to watch movies too, but only the ones I want.  I want to watch three and I want to pick at least two of them.  Nash can pick one.  Harry doesn’t need to pick, he’s a baby. Well not a baby but he’s little.  Too little to pick.  I want to go to Taw’get too.  And I will be good and listen so I will get a toy.  It will be a little toy though because my birthday is coming up. I’m going to be 4, did you know?  Do you remember that time I had a party and all my friends came?  And there were going to be animals but they didn’t come. 

Nash – I was at that party.

Isla – Yes, you were.  And my friends.  ALL my friends.  This weekend is my weekend for Grand too.  And I’ll get Sweet Frog.  No, no I won’t.  I don’t do that anymore.  But maybe if Baby Milo wants to go I will.  <deep sigh> That’s what I want to do I guess.

Lesson – women speaking more words a day than men starts very, very young. 

Want to know exactly how MANY more words a day women speak?  Check this out.

No comments:

Post a Comment